Thursday 31 July 2008

Watching...


The Wire - Season 5
Quite simply the greatest TV programme of all time. Genius. The fifth and final season of 'The Wire' centers on the media's role in addressing - or failing to address - the fundamental political, economic and social realities depicted over the course of the series, while also resolving storylines of the numerous characters woven throughout the narrative arc of the show.



Dexter - Season 2
Michael C. Hall (Six Feet Under) stars as a like-able Miami police forensics expert moonlighting as a serial killer of criminals who he believes have escaped justice. The 2nd Season hasn't gripped me as much as the 1st season, but still beats pretty much anything else on TV at the moment (excluding The Wire of course!). The last episode I watched starred Jaime Murray from BBC1's Hustle. Which was nice!

5 comments:

droach75 said...

Coool site.

How could you top the 1st season of Dexter? With great difficulty I would say.

I think the first few episodes of Season 2, have been setting up the new charcters and story arc of Dexter becoming The Hunted. Season 2's tagline is "The Hunter Becomes The Hunted'.

The rest of the season will follow how Deb (Dexter's sister) and FBI agent Lundy played by Keith Carradine try and catch The Bay Harbour Butcher aka Dexter. I am sure it won't be that straightforward and I dare say they will chuck in a few curveballs,,hopefully they will be of the same calibre as Season 1.

It must deliver as Season 3 is to premiere in the US at the end of September.

DJ said...

Thanks Daz.

Yeah I noticed on IMDB that Season 3 had been filmed. I guess that means they fail to catch Dexter in this season!

Cannot wait to get stuck into Mad Men and Damages. I will let you know how I get on.

droach75 said...

Dexter is heating up in more ways than one. This weeks episode (EP.5The Dark Defender) was a scorcher

The addition of Jamie Murray is gonna make Season 2,,me thinks.

I love her sexy accent,,reminds me of another brunette Kelly Le Brock the star of The Woman In Red(1984) and Weird Science (1985).

droach75 said...

Looking at Jamie Murrays bio on IMDB. I didn't reliase that her father was Billy Murray a longtime copper from The Bill (DS Beech 1989-2004). And then became an EastEnders regualr for a couple of years (2005-06).

DJ said...

Just seen episode 5 and I know what you mean about it being a scorcher!