Tuesday 26 August 2008

Manchester...so much to answer for


I went to Manchester for a stag do this weekend. As I was best man I put together a Manchester Survival Kit. In it I included a CD compilation of Manchester bands. Tracklisting as follows:

Rock 'n' Roll Star - Oasis
Elephant Stone - The Stone Roses
William It Was Really Nothing - The Smiths
Bizarre Love Triangle - New Order
Montevideo - Alfie
Reverend Black Grape - Black Grape
Not Nineteen Forever - The Courteeners
Then - The Charlatans
The Cedar Room - Doves
On A Day Like This - Elbow
Get The Message- Electronic
There's A Ghost In My House - The Fall
Wrote For Luck - Happy Mondays
This Is How It Feels - Inspiral Carpets
Hymn From A Village - James
Pacific 202 - 808 State
Atmosphere - Joy Division

Thankfully the weekend was a success. It's was pretty hard organising a stag do in a city I didn't know but everyone seemed to have a good time. We managed to get through 10 different bars. My favourite was called Big Hands. Pavement, Pixies and Sonic Youth on the jukebox. The worst was a heavy metal pub. I never want to go into a pub that has Pantera next to Sepultura on the jukebox ever again!

Just got to write my speech now!

1 comment:

droach75 said...

I have never seen so many half drunk pints of Guinness,left,,,as you all tried to vacate that metal pubs as fast as possible.

Kiss and Iron Maiden are OK in mu book, they sit well and proud in my CD collection

No Voodoo Ray,,I guess it was a toss up between 808 State and A Guy Called Gerald.

I would have stuck on Hallelujah

I will have to check out some of the ones i haven't heard.

D.